Site Navigation

Lake County - Waukegan
Divorce & Family Attorneys

Request Your Free Consultation

Lake County Child Visitation Attorneys

Your Lake County – Waukegan Child Visitation Lawyer

Divorce 300x200 1 Lake County Child Visitation AttorneysIt is in the best interest of any child to have a loving and supportive relationship with both of their parents. However, when parents are divorced, or otherwise living separately, maintaining balance is no small feat.

Not only is it important for both parents to have meaningful time with their children, it is also important for the child to have stability and structure.

Call Davis and Associates, Attorneys at Law, LLC at (847) 610-6791 for a Free Consultation!

Typical Illinois Child Visitation Arrangements

In the state of Illinois, it is common for one parent to be the “primary residential parent”. This is the parent that the children typically live with on school nights. This could be different based on the relative geographic proximity of the two parents, but is the most common arrangement.

Non-Custodial Parent Visitation

child visitation 300x200 Lake County Child Visitation AttorneysHowever, this does not mean that one parent is relegated to only getting to see their child every other weekend. When representing parents who do not have residential custody, Davis and Associates, Attorneys at Law, LLC will work to ensure that their clients do not go more than a few days without seeing their children. We are often able to acquire additional visitation, such as a standard night throughout the week where they have access to their child, or even an extra overnight midweek if possible. We will do everything we can to ensure that you have the level of access that you desire, with the best interest of the child top of mind.

Restricted or Supervised Visitation

Sometimes it is not in the best interests of the child to have unrestricted visitation with both parents. If one parent, either through action or based on their lifestyle, is a danger to the health and well-being of the child, then the best course of action may be to petition the court for restricted or supervised visitation. If you are concerned about the well being of your child when under the care of the other parent, then this should be addressed by the courts.

Visitation Enforcement

mom and girl 1 300x200 Lake County Child Visitation AttorneysIf you are being denied the access to your child that is legally ordered, then you have the right to request visitation enforcement. The court will review the situation and factors involved, and if they find the other parent in contempt, they can take a variety of measures, including a restriction of driving privileges, fines, probation, or even jail time. An experienced Family Lawyer will be able to assist you in building your case and preparing for court appearances so that you will have everything you need to get the best results possible.

Free Consultation with an Experienced Child Visitation Lawyer

Davis Logo 300x96 Lake County Child Visitation AttorneysAn experienced Child Visitation Lawyer, like the attorneys of Davis and Associates, Attorneys at Law, LLC, will be able to assist you in your initial child visitation arrangements, in filing for restricted or supervised visitation, or with modification of visitation.

Call Davis and Associates, Attorneys at Law, LLC at (847) 610-6791 for a Free Consultation!